Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back for Round 2

I started back at the Capitol Concerts show on Thursday. Today is Tuesday and I worked all weekend. I worked at 6:30am on Sunday and again this morning, because our producer seems to think it's necessary. I'm doing credentials again this show, but this time I have more responsibility and more stress. I actually kind of like it. I like feeling like the work I'm doing is necessary and I am a valuable part of this production. I'm not just some PA running around doing errands for any master who calls. I have tasks and getting them completed is entirely up to me. My boss tells me what needs to be done but has the confidence that I don't need to be watched over while I do it. It's as close to a real job as I've come. I guess this baby step means I could do it anywhere else I choose as well.

The same people are here on the show, but I'm not going to see much of the ones I saw last time because they are all over at the hotel and I'm going to be at the site, sitting in a trailer. Fortunately, the AC works this time.
The job is going well so far. I like it but I'm tired. I'm going to be working straight through to July 5 I'm pretty certain. After that I'm done and I'm not really sure what comes next for me.

No comments: