Saturday, June 30, 2007

A Long, Hot, Boring Marathon

I'm tired. I'm tired of sitting in this trailer and entering in all these numbers for credentials. I'm tired of having to take the bus to the metro and walk all the way down to the trailers every single morning. I'm tired of getting home every night after taking the metro and the bus. I'm tired of being tired and not being able to do anything but go to sleep. I want a weekend goddamnit. I know the show is going to be over on Wednesday and I'll only have to work until Thursday but right now that seems like a very very long time away and I don't want to have to drag myself along until then.

That's what I feel like I'm doing. I feel as though I've entered a very long distance race and at first I thought it was great, fresh air! Things to look at! I've got energy, I've got endurance, it's just a puny little race! But after awhile all of that faded away and I began wondering why I would have been stupid enough to enter in a race when I don't even like running. I see the people on the sidelines and I wish I were there with them, cheering the other idiots along and holding a nice cool beer. And right now I haven't gotten to the point where I can see the finish line, I'm still just running along, knowing it's there but getting more and more frustrated with every step and vowing to myself that once this is done I'm just going to relax and never enter another long distance race again.

Seriously, despite that excessive metaphor, I'm tired of this job and tired of having to be here everyday without vacation. I want to spend time with my friends again and watch the day slowly meander by, get some writing done, clean my room, bake something. I even want to start applying for the job I know I must get in the fall. I'm actually a little interested in it. As long as there's weekends. And no metros.

No comments: