Thursday, June 12, 2008

We Have A Winner!


Hahahaha! I feel quite vindicated right now. You've heard me speak the name of the beast here, right? The woman I work with that sometimes terrifies me? Actually occasionally we have very nice chats about things that aren't work related. But when it comes to work she morphs back.

Anyway, I'm editing these certificates of appreciation she had to make for some stupid conference when I come across the typo she made: 'Gorgon Doe'. Obviously Doe isn't his real last name. And neither is Gorgon. It's Gordon. But you know what a Gorgon is?? Medusa was a Gorgon. According to Wiki, the Gorgon comes from Greek mythology and was 'a vicious female monster with sharp fangs who was a protective deity from early religious concepts. Her power was so strong that one attempting to look upon her would be turned to stone'.
Immediately the beast has a new name. That's how I feel about her sometimes. That to look at her I will be turned to stone, quaking in my sandals, bitten by her sharp fangs.

No comments: