Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New York? Again?

So I think I've decided on my top four choices for continued education after leaving Mason. 1. University College of London 2. Stanford 3. Columbia 4. New York University. Yes, great. They're all in ridiculously expensive places. Awesome.
You might be wondering, after I did so much complaining about New York while I lived there and after that, why I'd be putting 2 schools located there on my list. Well, I'm a woman, and we reserve the right to change our mind at any given moment. Just kidding, that's not the actual reason. Not really. The actual reason is because I've been giving New York new thought recently. I don't know why, but something makes me want to go back. Of course, I'd do things very differently this time. Not that last time was so terrible, it was a great experience that I wouldn't want to change... but I also wouldn't want to repeat. For one thing the job security while you're an intern? Very bad indeed. Working part time as a reservationist at a restaurant also won't be paying all of your bills. And moving up to a city where you know no one at all? Quite difficult actually. Add to it the pressure exerted from young Brooklynites which makes you feel oddly undervalued and overdressed and the whole experience can be a bit... unpleasant. Regardless of these negative points I also had some really great moments. And it is the memory of these, combined with the exciting thrill of the city as well as the prospect of having an actual purpose for being there that makes me want to give it another go. But if not, Stanford and London are quite nice too. Perhaps even better. I suppose we'll see, won't we? I've still got at least a year and a half to change my mind again.

1 comment:

Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

MBA Dissertation