Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Working for Bob De Niro (maybe)

I just got an email from a Jesse Liotta (any relation to Ray?) who works for Tribeca Productions. That's Tribeca as in Robert De Niro's production company in New York. I'm going in for an interview on Dec. 6 for an internship position. Shit. This is big stuff. Me, a possible intern for a company like that? It's not just a dream either because I have the email in my inbox. And a cell phone number.
Just for some of you who don't spend half their time on IMDB some of Tribeca's films include: Meet the Parents, Wag the Dog, Marvin's Room, About a Boy, Stage Beauty, the new movie the Good Shepherd and Rent (unfortunately). They aren't just some fledgling company in Gaithersburg trying to start a company from nothing and getting bogged down under the likes of Shylock. This isn't a place where interns pretend to be publicists and casting directors. This place has actually made a movie. More than one! And ones that have made money. Some of which are even very good.
That feeling I used to get in the pit of my stomach at Leon, where I was afraid we would fail so dramatically and that no one would return our calls because they knew we were such fakers is gone. I don't know what it will be replaced with but I hope it's good.
As long as no one plays the RENT soundtrack in the halls I'll be happy. If they ask me about some of their movies I'll just pretend I didn't see that one. Becausee if they ask me if I liked it I won't be able to keep the grimace off my face. But then, again, if I tell them I didn't see it I might end up like Elaine in Seinfeld. They might insist I see it immediately and then I'll have an outburst and tell them I hated it and I won't get the job. Sigh. Delimma!

No comments: