Saturday, December 02, 2006

I can't tell you what day it is or what hotel I'm staying at but there are two trees involved

Last night I went over to Kramerbooks to get some reading material. I was staying at the Doubletree with Samantha, the director's assistant as I had to be back in the office at 7 am. The Doubletree is a few blocks away from the Kennedy Center and that means my commute is much less than the hour it usually takes.
I wanted to get back to my room by ten if I could, which meant I had thirty minutes to park, pick out a book, pay for it and then get back to the hotel by Foggy Bottom. I drove around Dupont about ten times, like a crazy person who does the exact same thing and expects a different outcome. There were young professionals out everywhere. There were groups of them walking and laughing down the street. Some of them were dressed up. Some hurried along with their cellphone pressed to their ears. I couldn't figure out why there were so many people out. Were they all coming from work? Why were they here and making my trip more difficult? Then I finally realized today was Friday and these people were going out. It's pretty depressing when you forget it's the weekend and you can count on one hand how many times you have been outside or seen your family. It's even more depressing when you realize your weekend will also be spent indoors, in the same room you have been in for the past three weeks. It only slightly seems like a light at the end of the tunnel when you realize this job will be done on Monday. I like these people. I like working on this show but I'm ready to be done. And then, without a pause I go up to New York, which I think will be fun but will also be nerve wracking and exhausting.

p.s. Sorry about the post from earlier. it was a late night. Something that the cleanliness and comfort of the Doubletree took care of. I love down beds. I'm a new person.

No comments: