Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Things I hoped they might be thinking about me when I was...

9 - What a charming little girl! She's like a fairy princess and so sweet!

11- She must be walking around in that old timey white dress and talking to herself because she has such a lively imagination! Maybe she's talking to fairies. She's probably the time of little girl who will write a book at 12.

13- She is so pretty and cool. I wonder why she isn't an actress in some teen drama. Maybe she'll be discovered someday.

15- It's so cool how she eschews fashion trends and wears those men's pants. And her men's red Doc Martens are so anti-establishment!

16- She must be reading 'The Bell Jar' because she has such a deep and sensitive understanding of our facades as a society. And Sarte's 'No Exit'? She's so intelligent I bet she even knows how to pronounce his last name. I'd go over and discuss his existential crisis if even I knew anything about existentialism.

18- The way she nods her head in time to the rythym of the song she's listening to on her CD player obviously shows that she's got a real understanding of whatever it is she's listening to. She's probably a musician herself. A girl musician, that's so cool.

20- The pictures she's proabably taken with that camera! She's such an artistic soul! I bet she always captures the very essence of the issues. We should invite her to our party, or rock show.

22- It's so cool how she never seems to be concerned about boys. It obviously shows she's self confident enough not to need a man in her life. I wish I were like that!

24- Hmm, the clothes she's wearing say 'young woman going to the office', but she's also reading 'Howl'. She must be one of those hip, young writers or poets paying the bills at the office but is also writing the Next Great American novel. I should go talk to her about Ginsburg. I hope she doesn't mistake my Salvatore Ferragamo suit for being a sign of 'The Man', and let me take her out for a drink.

1 comment:

etoilee8 said...

I might have to do this exercise too. It's pretty ridiculous and awesome. xoxo.