Tuesday, May 06, 2008

My Silver Anniversary & the Golden Girls

Today is my 25th birthday. It's a little anticlimactic, because with everything else going on I almost forgot. I didn't have that thrilled feeling in my stomach like I used to. Ohh, I just remembered birthdays equal presents! How did I forget that?! Wow. Now I do sort of have that excited feeling. Actually, the government gave me the birthday present of the year. My federal tax return came in the mail. How did they know I only had $16 in my bank account and ate ramen noodles for dinner in my empty apartment? They could have sent a card too. Just saying.

Julia brought the check home with her after work, along with a little balloon and a chocolate cake, which we ate at midnight while catching each other up on the day.

Anyone? We still need a Sophia. Peas? Wanna step in? I think I could be a pretty good Rose. Kirbs, you and Julia can fight over who gets to be Blanche and who gets to be Dorothy. I think in this photo there's another little old lady who's Sophia's sister, so Designer you've got a place with us too.

In the meantime, I'll be here, getting slowly older and older. 25 is a big deal. It feels like a very adult age. Fortunately I have an apartment and a pile of bills to make me feel like I deserve to be 25, and lots of fun planned in the form of a birthday/housewarming party to come. And lots of friendly notes to make me feel extra special. Thanks guys!

No comments: