Wednesday, October 08, 2008

You've Got To Be Kidding!

For some reason unbeknowst to me (wait, stop, don't you love that word?) my company gave me a bonus. I know, right? The corporate world is amazing! I sit here and chat (or at least, I used to) and do homework, read for class, watch tv and movies AND YET I GET A BONUS?! If I didn't hate the corporate world so much I'd sign up for keeps. My boss even shoke my hand and told me it was for work well done. Please tell me what work?

Ok, yes, I do slack off a lot-- only because half the time they give us no work to do. And when there is work I put my own stuff aside to get it done as soon as I can. I feel it's only fair. But, I feel as though I have now received a what was it? a moral mandate! that says I can keep watching movies while folding 1,000 brochures. YES, 1,000. It's only fair when said brochure features a rosy-cheeked young G.W. Bush that while doing it I get to watch things like Cool Hand Luke and think about breaking out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard to bel,ieve they pay us to do this, huh? I am sure you got raise after the one year point, too!