Monday, November 19, 2007

Wrap Up

Ahh. Ohh. Ugh. I am totally wrecked after this weekend. I planned on it being a calm, sleepy sort of time. Nothing too much to do, no big plans like Boston or New York. Just hanging out. Most likely in Reston. That didn't exactly happen. I hung out at Matt and Mark's on Friday, with a group of their friends, mostly from high school. Aja and I ended up on the couch giggling over boys and their ridiculousness, after the old high school friends left and it was just the normal group still there. Paul brought over s'mores to make in the microwave, and then treated us with ginger snap cookies he'd also made. Jackson, Matt's new friend who fits right in with the group, and his ex girlfriend from West Virginia, Scarlett came over and made a nice addition to the group.


Saturday I've already mentioned. Sunday I went to dinner with Spencer, my friend from high school. We went to Thai and talked faster than our brains could keep up. I don't remember it all, but it was philosophical and deep.


Monday I was tired and scratchy at work. My voice is almost gone and I didn't get nearly as much sleep as I planned this weekend.

Tuesday I stayed home sick. I got as far as the Park & Ride on Whiele and got off, called my boss and went home to bed. As soon as I'd be happily drifting off something would wake me up. First it was Sadie coming to join me, then it was Jason calling to chat. Finally I gave up and got up.

I spent the day relaxing and cooking. I've invented a new recipe, pumpkin pie baklava. I brought over the remainer of my test batch to Matt and Mark's where Scarlett put us all to work making Chinese and Vietnamese dinner. Paul came over and then Alan, their friend from high school came by. He'd just gotten home from L.A.

Today we get to leave work at 2, so I'm wrapping things up and excited to go home. I still feel sick and I need some more sleep.

No comments: