Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Modern Times


Wow. There's nothing like filling out a generic, self-assessment profile with an acronym that doesn't mean anything for your corporate HR department to make you feel like an unimportant cog in the giant industrial machine. They want you to assess yourself, but if you do it too specifically you might have to take a class in order to learn how to improve, so everyone does them in a vague enough way to avoid having to do anything about it. In order to help develop some more perseverance I could have taken a class called 'Turning the Pessimistic into the Optimistic' but I decided that would only make me more pessimistic about the future of humanity, and my HR manager, Ms. Sparrow (who is anything but birdlike) in general. Besides, aren't I showing more perseverance if I persevere in my belief that corporations are a parasitic monstrocity?

No comments: