Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Countdown to End of First Semester

So for my Theories of Comparative Literature course we have to write 8 one page "journals" based on one of four questions the professor gives us. These questions are meant to stimulate thinking and to get you to express your opinions but its only one page so its not very scary. You have 3 options to not turn one in. Maybe I should have numbered them because I lost count of which ones I'd done and ended up doing all of my 8 already, so worried was I that I'd not turn one in and get marked down. Sounds good, right? I have an extra bi week to not worry about it. Well, kinda. Except he also has a mandatory one for the week of Thanksgiving, since he's giving us that Tuesday off. So while everyone else does 8 I'll have done 9. Oh well, it wasn't the worst.

The worst is realizing you only have three more weeks to write your 20 page paper for Sense of Place and half your research isn't finished. And that you have a book to finish for that class, reading to do for Theories, a small paper due in that class, a presentation in both and a final in Comp. On what I don't know yet.

Annnnnd, now I'm officially worrying. This comes before the freaking out and panicked breaths. But not much before.

In other news I looked up University College of London's PhD programs in Comparative Literature. The odds are looking up.

No comments: