Thursday, April 03, 2008

It's All About the Details

Ahhhhahahah! That is the sound of me gleefully free from the mindless repetition of cutting 1,500 brochures with my exact-o knife. Don't even ask why we had to do that. My company is a lot like me--we'll gladly do things the hard way to acheive perfection. Nevermind the short cuts, we like exact-o knifes! Anyway, we finished yesterday and can I tell you, I literally sang Zippity do-dah on my walk to the metro. Honest. It was so beautiful outside and I was freed from work and had been watching a musical online that I remembered from childhood (we watched a lot of musicals as kids). Who sings musicals on their way home from work? This girl. I also know all the words to 'How Do You Solve A Problem Like Maria?' I sang that one too. You're probably wondering why you read this blog right now. I would be too.

Today I came into the office and my desk was cleared, I could sit and drink a cup of coffee and read the New York Times and I couldn't figure out why I felt so happy. Then I remembered, it was Thursday, I was done with that work and had time to relax a little. I had an amazing sandwich waiting for me in the fridge. When I made it last night (because I make my lunch the night before) I actually did a little dance at how good it looked, and how much I was going to enjoy it the next day. Again, you're wondering why you're reading this? I know, I know. But it's been a long week, and I'm tired. But I am relaxing, enjoying the freedom and the view in front of me. Why, I might even get some writing in. The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!

No comments: