Tuesday, April 22, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Find out what it means to me--OR ELSE!

Man! When the head graphic designer talks down to me like a child it makes me so glad I went to college all those years to be treated this way!
And when I speak to her and she doesn't look at me but goes on with her work as though I'm not there. God I love being ignored as though I'm this pest that she can't be bothered with.
Or when I come into work thinking I look pretty cute in work clothes, which is not that easy to do! And I see her face looking at me with this expression of disapproval. I'm so sorry you can't fit into anything decent and are forced to wear black daily, and clomp around like a tank in ugly clogs.
I really, really wish that things like spilling hot coffee all over her purposefully, or grabbing her shiny, fat nose and twisting weren't considered assault. Or doing things like Amelie does to rude people wouldn't result in me getting caught and fired. Hmm....that is an idea. I wonder what Amelie would do in this situation?
I wish I could make horrible faces at her or kick her cubicle. But I guess part of growing up means not being immature in the work place, right?

1 comment:

etoilee8 said...

You know? Lately my methods of dealing with miserable people have changed greatly. 1. The smile. The smile either annoys or completely disarms. . . either one is an appropriate effect in my book. But more so. . . sometimes I see someone and I watch them as they silently judge me, critiquing the way I carry myself, wear my hair, speak. . .sometimes I know they hate me immediately. . . and it only makes me want to swoop them up, give them a hug and tell them it's going to be okay.