Monday, April 28, 2008

Roller Coaster Rides & Apartments

We found an apartment. It was all by chance. I found it and made an appointment to see it butwhen I went in on Friday morning it turned out the one she was about to show me was another 3bd 2ba that was not in our price range but had been renovated, adding on $200. I didn't know this and was disappointed but I figured I was here, I'd look anyway. The lady asked when we were hoping to move and I told her mid May, since everyone I'd talked to had been saying they wouldn't have anything until then, even though we'd been hoping to move the end of April. She continued talking and then paused, thinking and asked if we'd be able to move sooner, because someone had just cancelled last night, a 3bd, 2ba that hadn't been renovated but was within our price range. Yes!! I said quickly, afraid it would disappear before I even saw it.

We looked at it and I was so certain it was for us I could have signed a lease then, but figured I should wait to show it to Julia and Kirby. Julia couldn't make it on Saturday, but Kirby came and took pictures. We filled out the applications and I took them, along with two money orders to the office Sunday. We'll sign the lease Friday and start moving in Saturday. At least, I hope.

When I was a kid and we moved a lot my parents would take us to look at potential houses. The four of us would run though the house, deciding who would get what room, where our toys and stuffed animals would go and what our lives would be like, living in these places. Needless to say, many times I got my hopes up to unattainable levels only to have them dropped back down with a realistic crash. I've always been wary of imagining the future of events that seem certain, ever since. And now, with our new apartment dangling tantalizingly in front of me, promising freedom, shorter commutes, my own decorations and organizations I'm sitting here with my heart in my mouth afraid of that roller coaster fall back down, but enjoying the ride as we go.

1 comment:

miami beach luxury condos said...

I would like to thanks for creating this interesting blog, because its having the good entertainment.