Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Morning Sun Is Shining Like A Red, Rubber Ball...

Today is a day for writing. I could feel it as soon as I got on the bus and saw my fellow bus riders. One was a man with a white beard and tangled hair over his shoulders tinged with yellow like dirty snow, wearing a Santa hat but looking like his spare time was spent on a Harley. Across from him were three old ladies, cooing and chatting while they handed each other things from their bags. Dressed all alike but with different caps they looked like old maiden triplets. One strained forward as she carefully applied rosy lipstick. I smiled and knew good things would come of this day.

Right now I'm a little swamped under taking care of loose ends at work, but as soon as that is done I will get down to the real business of the day...

No comments: