Friday, September 29, 2006

The Beginning of the End

Well, the fateful day I've been expecting has arrived. My boss called us all into the office and sat us down and began a spiel that I couldn't quite understand. His French accent and way of saying things that he's not really meaning gets me confused. Are we shutting down? Are we out of a job? Did you just say that I didn't work hard and he couldn't get to know me? I'm sorry. I'm confused.
So, I guess this is it. The end of this career path. And the funny thing is, I had just gone from being pessimistic and ready to quit to being a little excited and ready to continue to now being resigned. I had just gotten excited about maybe moving up to Montreal to do production up there when before I was ready to move to NYC with my best friend and try my luck up there. Seriously, I was going to give my two weeks today anyway. It's still disappointing though. I wanted this to work. And now I have to clear out my computer and get my stuff together and tell all my friends and the people I had contacted about this movie and tell them it's not happening. Or, at least, it might be happening but we won't be involved. I'm kind of glad not to have to clean up this mess or continue with it any longer. I want a job where I know what I'm doing and where I'm doing something I'm capable of at this level of experience.
This was getting exhausting and frustrating. When all I wanted to do was relax after school and consider my next move. It just seemed too much and I never trust things that are too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey:
Sorry about the movie production company, but please don't give up on the idea of production work. I like your efforts & drive for doing what you love to do. Talk to you soon.